The Season of the Splicer has formally arrived in Destiny 2 (though the game is down for emergency upkeep), bringing with it a brand new slate of Seasonal Challenges. First launched within the game’s final season, these challenges substitute weekly bounties for Bright Dust and different rewards, providing you with targets to satisfy all through the season. What’s good about Seasonal Challenges, nevertheless, is that they persist during the Season of the Splicer. While new challenges are launched every week, you may have till the tip of the season to finish them all–and earn massive rewards of Bright Dust and expertise factors in your bother.
Here’s a rundown of how the Seasonal Challenge system works and what challenges you may face every week all through the season’s run. The Season of the Splicer is ready to finish on August 24.
How Seasonal Challenges Work
For most of its run, Destiny 2’s varied actions vendors–Zavala, Shaxx, and the Drifter–carried weekly bounties that incentivized enjoying all three actions every week. Those bounties handed out Bright Dust in case you participated in them, however in case you did not, you missed out on incomes Destiny 2’s premium in-game forex. Seasonal Challenges repair that; they’re challenges which might be dolled out weekly, however which you’ll full any time through the season.
You’ll discover Seasonal Challenges on the Quests tab within the Director. Each week, a brand new slate of challenges is launched, so you’ll be able to pop in and see what their necessities are as you go. Completing challenges is an effective way to earn expertise factors and energy up your Seasonal Artifact, permitting you to boost your character’s degree over the gear Power cap for the season. Many of the challenges additionally reward you with consumables and Bright Dust, which you’ll then spend within the Eververse Store on varied beauty gadgets.
- Hello, World
- Speak to the Splicer Servitor and full Path of the Splicer I, then kill highly effective Cabal enemies wherever within the photo voltaic system. You get bonus progress in case you defeat Cabal within the seasonal Override exercise.
- Maximum Override
- Complete 5 Override missions and deposit Data Spikes as a staff. Bonus progress is awarded for carrying Season of the Splicer armor through the exercise.
- Ethereal Splicer
- Gather Ether from enjoying varied actions, together with Public Events, Strikes, Gambit, and the Crucible.
- Sidearm Splicer
- Defeat opponents in Override with a sidearm, with bonus progress for precision blows.
- Complete 10 bounties, and end patrols, Public Events, and Lost Sectors on Europa.
- Challenger’s Aspirations
- Complete three weekly Playlist challenges for Crucible, Gambit, or Strikes.
- Close Calibration
- Calibrate close-range weapons on Europa (SMGs, swords, shotguns, and sidearms). You’ll get bonus progress for quickly defeating enemies.
- Drifter’s Chosen
- Earn 250 factors in Gambit matches by banking motes, defeating blockers, and defeating enemy Guardians.
- Sacred Scorcher
- Defeat enemy Guardians within the Team Scorched mode within the Crucible. Bonus progress is rewarded for absolutely charged detonations, which you may get by holding down the hearth button in your Scorch cannon till it prices all the best way earlier than releasing it to fireplace.
- Vex Deletion Protocol
- Defeat 5 Vex bosses in Strikes.
- Master Of All
- Complete 75 seasonal challenges.
GameSpot could get a fee from retail affords.
Latest Gaming News