Windows 10 is Microsoft’s best operating system for desktop and it is used worldwide and it will for few upcoming years. It have a lot of different an advanced features than previous operating systems. In Windows 10, you would have observed that the operating system would have a lock screen that greets with wallpapers when you turn on your desktop. But a lot of people get some problems on how to do changes and personalize the windows 10 interface.
And mainly when they want to disable the lock screen in windows. It is a simple method with simple steps and in this article we have told the easiest of ways to do it.
Two basic methods to disable lock screen in case you forget or lost the password :
USE THE REGISTORY EDITOR in Windows 10 :
- Using the keyboard, press the button Windows+R, type regedit and click enter button. It will link you to a new folder(directory).
- Now you browse the directory, HKEY_Local_MachineSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindows.
- Right-click on the Windows button and select New->Key to create a new key and rename the key.
- Rename that new key as Personalization. On new folder, right-click and select the New and DWORd(32-bit) Value.
- Rename the created new folder with NOLockScreen, change the value data to 1 and press OK. And close all other applications.
- Restart your computer or laptop.
This will disable the lock screen.
USE GROUP POLICY EDITOR :
- Click on windows+R key, type gpedit.msc and press Enter button.
- Find the specific folder Computer ConfigurationAdministativeTemplatedControlPanelPersonalization. Select the option ‘Do not display the lock screen’.
- Here, click on the option Enabled and click Apply for the changes to be saved.
- Restart your computer or laptop and your screen lock will be disabled.
These are the two basic and simple methods to disable the lock screen on Windows 10.