Hello and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast, the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Natasha and Danny and Alex and Grace had been all right here to talk by means of the week’s largest tech happenings. This week felt oddly comforting from a tech information perspective: Facebook is copying one thing, early-stage startup information is flawed sufficient to speak about and candy DoorDash is shopping for robots for undisclosed sums.
So, right here’s a rundown of the tech information we received into (as at all times, jokes aren’t previewed so that you’ll must take heed to the precise present to get our critique and Award Winning Analysis*):
- Ethena raising $2 million more for company coaching that isn’t terrible, and Zeta raising $1.5 million for couples’ banking. Natasha has been killing the early-stage beat these days.
- How seed information may very well be getting more durable and more durable to parse from Alex’s desk, and why VC information basically is dicey, from Danny’s. We focus on if directional information is helpful, and why the restricted numbers might have a cultural impression on sign.
- Reddit raises $250 million, however doesn’t inform us who the traders are and what the cash is exactly going to. Still, the corporate has had fairly a 12 months to this point, so the capital comes at an fascinating time.
- Justo, a web-based grocery based mostly in Mexico, raises $65 million because the pandemic continues to shake up the best way we stay and store.
- DoorDash buys a salad robot, which brings Natasha nostalgia and Danny anger.
- The inverted SoftBank J-Curve thesis is a must-listen and skim.
- And from the world of relationship, a big M&A deal that caught our attention, and the latest from the Bumble IPO.
In excellent news, long-time Equity producer Chris Gates is again beginning subsequent week, which suggests we’ll have our largest crew ever serving to get the present put collectively. And, in different excellent news, there’s going to be extra Equity than ever so that you can hear. Coming quickly.
*OK, so not award-winning but. But quickly sufficient, as a result of manifestation works.