Venom: Let There Be Carnage crushed the box office during the opening weekend, setting a pandemic record with its $90 million take. While the sequel was highly anticipated, there’s no question that its success wouldn’t be possible without Spider-Man. Venom 2 is part of Sony’s Spider-Man Universe, which is the studio’s equivalent to Marvel’s MCU. Sony can only use Spider-Man characters it owns the rights to for this ambitious universe of stories. That’s why it has to link all these movies between them. The most important connection concerns Peter Parker. That’s why Venom has that brilliant No Way Home hook in it. And the No Way Home official social media accounts are already responding to it. Mind you, some spoilers might follow below.
The post Sony is dying to connect ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ and ‘Venom 2’ appeared first on BGR.
Today’s Top Deals
- Apple’s MagSafe Battery Pack costs $99 – this one on Amazon is $29
- Hidden deal saves you $55 on Amazon’s hottest smart home bundle
- Minimize food waste by saving 30% on food vacuum sealers at Amazon
- The best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals 2021
Trending Right Now:
- Forget stimulus checks, this program can get you up to $30,000 in aid
- Fourth stimulus check up to $1,100 is coming tomorrow if you live in this state
- Here’s proof the iPhone 13 is even more powerful than Apple admitted
Sony is dying to connect ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ and ‘Venom 2’ originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Oct 2021 at 23:20:49 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.